Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Slow Going

Well, it's been a long time since I posted, mostly because my art has taken a backseat to finishing my book of poetry, which is due to the publisher at the beginning of May. I do have a work in progress. I guess I can post a picture of it, though it's very rough at this point. Here it is:



Sophie, a commission for my friend Jeremy's daughter.

It has actually progressed a little further since this sketch, but not a lot. The color scheme is very Marie Antoinette, and the little girl is a hippo in her birthday tutu. I'm not sure when I'll finish it. I'm going out of town to give a talk on children's book illustrators (see my other blog for more info). When I get back, hopefully, I'll get a little further on Sophie. I've also been kind of obsessed with paper crafts lately, since I went scrapbooking the other day and then found the website craftster.

1 comment:

Kate Evans said...

I LOVE Sophie!

It was great to see you, Anne. Annie thought so too. Thanks for visiting.

xo