Friday, January 23, 2009

Golden Trout "Mini-Masterpiece"

NOT AVAILABLE
Golden Trout
2 1/2 x 3 1/3
Acrylic on Stretched Canvas w/Mini-Easel

When I saw these beautiful golden trout at Tony's Fish Market, I was more excited about painting them than eating them. But they turned out delicious too! I felt this painting was above my skill level--where I am really lacking is in the area of "verisimilitude." I could not, for the life of me, figure out how to make the white wrapping paper look crisp and papery. And that was a grave disappointment. However, for a cheeky little 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 painting, this'll do.

This will be gifted to my frien Barb Blumer when I get around to shipping it to her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are painting again, Anne. When you write your entry about shopping local for my food blog, will you include this pair???? They are so striking. Colors are great.