Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snowed In

The other day, we were snowed in (still are) and I made a few mixed media collages, which are now up on my Etsy site.

NOT AVAILABLE
Amulet against Headaches
Mixed media on canvas with Easel
2.5 x 3.5


Detail
Amulet against Headaches

This first item is one of my "mini masterpieces" (i.e. it is made on a canvas 2.5 x 3.5 inches in size with its own little easel). The title is "Amulet against Headaches" and it is designed to ward off the evil migraine spirits. It was made using vintage dictionary text and wax.)

The second one is a larger collage (8 x 10) entitled "Father." It is a meditation on the competing conceptions of masculinity in our culture. Materials include vintage maps, dictionaries, a gocco print I made of the Tin Tin rocket, some instructions for rocket launches, metal studs, a heart, some wax. I really like the colors in this one.



AVAILABLE

Father

Mixed Media Collage
8 x 10

$45


Detail

Father

You can view these works in more detail on my etsy site for "serious" artwork:
http://ajparis.etsy.com/.

No comments: