Friday, December 26, 2008

What Would Jesus Buy?

During our power outage on Christmas Eve day, I made this collage by candlelight. It is a meditation on the commercialization of America and the rhetoric of the last eight years--patriots must spend money to support our nation, and patriots must revere Jesus. That led to the thought that Jesus should save our economy. Thus the title: What Would Jesus Buy?


NOT AVAILABLE
What Would Jesus Buy?
Mixed media on canvas
12 x 12


Then, this morning, I saw there was a film by Morgan Spurlock by the same title--that must have been somewhere in my subconsious when I titled the piece.

The picture here is cobbled together because my scanner is not big enough to scan the whole piece.

My dad is visiting and he liked the piece so I gifted it to him.

No comments: